DON PIERRO joined YOUNG & Associates in 2018 as a Senior Regional Consultant. Don, who is a 20 year veteran of the construction industry, has independently consulted throughout the United States and internationally on projects ranging from single-family homes to $100 million+ commercial construction projects. Don offers a detailed approach to quantity surveying, cost estimating, and building valuation. His experience as a hands-on contractor makes him uniquely skilled at scheduling and critical path analysis consulting. He has acted as an appraiser, umpire, and has testified as an expert witness in various venues. His construction knowledge, in conjunction with his ability to manage multiple projects and staffing, makes him a significant asset to YA's consulting force. He is familiar with GLP, GMP, ISO guidelines, and completed the OHSA 30 training.
- OSHA | Occupational Safety & Health Administration Certificate
- Certified in NJ DCA Land Use Law and Planning
- NJ DEP Stormwater Management Training
Representative Consulting Assignments
- Residence | Fire/Smoke | $14M
- Multiple Strip Malls | Hurricane | $50M
- Resort Properties | Hurricane | $18M
- Hospitality Structures | Hurricane | $65M
- Multiple Office and Residential Structures | Hurricane | $8M
- Office Building | Hurricane | $20M
- Office Building | Hurricane | $50M
- 2018 - Current | Senior Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Asscociates
- 2016 - 2018 | Senior Project Manager | Casella Construction Corp.
- 2004 - 2016 | Construction Estimator | WRS/Wakelee Associates Inc.
- 2001 - 2003 | General Contractor | Pierro Construction Inc.
- 1998 - 2001 | Glazing Contractor | Solar Concepts Inc.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology | Newark, NJ
Master of Science - Analytical Chemistry
- William Paterson University
Bachelor of Science - Chemistry - Magna cum laude