Donnie Slayton served as a law enforcement officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office for 25 years. While at the JSO, he was assigned many roles including 7 years as a patrolman and 17 years as a detective in the following units: burglary, auto theft, robbery, homicide and narcotics. He was assigned to unit under the federal initiative, HIDTA, which investigated prescription fraud and pharmaceutical diversion within medical treatment facilities by medical staff.
After concluding his public service career, Mr. Slayton began a career in the insurance industry at Security First Insurance where he was employed for three years as an SIU investigator and a field adjuster.
- WRT | IICRC - WRT (Water Damage Restoration Tech)
- 2022 - Current | Investigator | YOUNG & Associates
- 2021 - 2022 | Field Adjuster | Security First Insurance
- 2019 - 2021 | SIU Investigator | Security First Insurance
- 1994 - 2019 | Police Officer/Detective | Jacksonville Sheriff's Office