JOHN MACHIN joined YOUNG & Associates as a Consultant in 1998. He has consulted on a wide range of loss damage claims and subsequently started AES in 2007. Prior to joining YOUNG & Associates, John spent 30 years in the construction industry as a carpenter, working foreman, superintendent, general superintendent, project manager, and contractor. He was also a principal in a design-build construction endeavor. While working in the competitive bid industry he was exposed to a variety of buildings including estate homes, custom homes, light industrial, concrete tilt-up, pre-engineered metal buildings, hotels, strip centers, laundries, restaurants, commercial buildings, multi-tenant and subterranean garages. From the outset, John has endeavored to expand his knowledge and scope of responsibilities. His diverse background and hands-on experience provide the knowledge and experience necessary for providing comprehensive damage and repair assessments in property loss resolution.
- California State Contractors License 'B'
Representative Consulting Assignments
- Golf course | Wind | $9.5M
- NYC Commercial office buildings - manufacturing | Hurricane | $5.5M
East Coast |
- Custom home | Fire/Smoke | $7M
- Farm buildings | Fire/Smoke | $500K
- Crab processing plant | Fire/Smoke | $12.4M
- Mixed use buildings | Damage Assessment | $45M
- Golf resort and golf course | Tornado | $4.7M
- High rise apartments | Fire/Smoke | $7M
- Greenhouse fire | Fire/Smoke | $27.3M
- Reservoir roof | Wind | $3.5M
- Food processing plant | Fire/Smoke | $15.5M
- High rise apartments | Enviro - Water/Flood | $12M
- Cable way crane collapse cleanup | Wind | $3.5M
- Custom home | Structural/Collapse | $550K
- 2017 - Current | Sr. Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2011 - 2017 | Director | JS Held LLC
- 2007 - 2011 | Principle | AES Consulting Group Inc.
- 1998 - 2007 | Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 1968 - 1998 | Various | Construction Industry