JOSHUA KAI joined YOUNG & Associates in the spring of 2017, bringing with him extensive knowledge from his experience as a commercial construction executive with over thirty years of experience in the general contracting and construction management field. Joshua has experience working on a wide range of projects from under $1million to over $100 million; including commercial, educational, high rise residential, retail, hotel, and various other public and private-owned projects. In his role as a Senior Manager, Joshua has been responsible for training and overseeing Estimators and Preconstruction Managers, taking a partnership approach in working closely with clients and consultants during preconstruction to establish and maintain project budgets, establish construction scope/means and methods, identifying design and constructability issues, marketing and business development with clients and industry professionals, as well as managing A/E consultants and outside contractors.
- LEED AP | Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional
- WRT | IICRC - WRT (Water Damage Restoration Tech)
- FSRT | IICRC - FSRT (Fire Smoke RT)
- 2021 - Current | Senior Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2019 - 2021 | Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2019 - Current | Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2017 - 2019 | Senior Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 1994 - 2014 | Senior Preconstruction Manager | L.F. Jennings Inc.
- 1988 - 1993 | Estimator | Tiber Construction Co./Chas. H. Tompkins Builders
- Northern Virginia Community College
Associate of Science - General Studies
- Nothern Virginia Community College
Associate of Arts & Science - Construction Management Technology
- Old Dominion University
Bachelor of Science - Occupational & Technical Studies/Industrial Technology - Specialization in Civil Engineering Technology