MICHAEL KNETTEL joined YOUNG & Associates as a Senior Consultant in 2016. Prior to joining YOUNG & Associates, Michael was the Director of Operations for Energy Services & Products Corp., General Contractors, specializing in governmental contracts. Before joining ESPC, Michael was the President of MGK Construction and Building Sciences. MGK Construction built numerous high-rise structures along the Florida West Coast. The Building Sciences division consisted of building forensics through infrared thermography, Boroscopic inspections, Welding Inspection, and Visual Inspections. In 1995, Michael joined GH Johnson Construction as Executive Vice President. GH Johnson Construction constructed schools, high-rise luxury condominiums, and governmental facilities. In addition, the role of EVP, Michael was directly in-charge of the Industrial Processing Division. Michael also co-founded two additional companies under the GH Johnson umbrella of companies. The first was Infrared Thermal Imaging Corporation (ITI), a non-destructive testing company. The other was Pinnacle Services, Inc. PSI redeveloped the former insurance tool known as Wrap up Insurance for large scale government and industrial applications. While working for HKS Architects and Consultant for HDR, Michael oversaw the design and construction of 3 Petro-Chemical facilities.
- CGC | Certified General Contractor
- WRT | IICRC - WRT (Water Damage Restoration Tech)
- AIA | American Institute of Architecture
- Assoc. AIA |
- OSHA | Occupational Safety & Health Administration Certificate
- HCI-C | HAAG Certified Inspector - Commercial
- Certified ASNT Level II Thermographer
- United States HUD 203(k) Consultant No A0921 2010
- Certified General Contractor - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - No. CGC 1514537 2007
- Assoc. AIA - No. 38831320
- Certified Home & Property Inspector - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - Inspector No. HI 2862 2010
- Certified Inspector - Connecticut Department of Commerce Design & Inspection - Inspector No. HOI 000605 2011
- OSHA Teacher - Inspector No. 1216
- OSHA Authorized Instructor - Certification No. 4233
- Certified General Contractor - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - No. CGC 061138 2001
Representative Consulting Assignments
- 212,000 SF Warehouse | Structural/Collapse | $3.2M
- Building - Commercial | Fire/Smoke | $1.2M
- Fire Sprinkler System Damage Analysis | Enviro - Water/Flood
- Water Damage Claims Due to Fire Sprinkler Failures | Enviro - Water/Flood
- 6-9 Story Office and Residential Towers | Project Management | $7.1M to $26.7M
- Government Medical Facility | Contract Administration | Various Amounts
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Rouses Market | Enviro - Water/Flood | $9.6M
- Petro-Chemical Plant - New Construction | Contract Administration | $210 Mil
- 72 Single Family Homes | Hurricane | Various Amounts
- Highrise Structures | Hurricane | $225K to $3.94M
- 8 Condo Unit Building | Fire/Smoke | $341K
- 53,000 SF Single Family Residence | Project Management | $32.5M
- Chemical Processing Facility | Contract Administration | $114 Mil.
- Florida Municipal Power Association | Forensic Analysis/Investigation | Various Amounts
- Food Processing Plant - Orange Juice | Forensic Analysis/Investigation | $13.1 Mil.
- 2020 - Current | Senior Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2016 - 2020 | Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2013 - 2016 | Director of Operations | Energy Services & Products Corp.
- 2000 - 2013 | President | MGK Construction Inc.
- 1995 - 2000 | Executive Vice President | G.H. Johnson Corporation (Parent Company) President of Pinnacle Services Inc. & Infrared Thermal Imaging Corp.
- 1992 - 1995 | Director of Planning | Parrish Medical Center
- 1990 - 1992 | Contract Administrator / Marketing – Southeast Region | HKS Architects
- 1980 - 1990 | Contract Administrator / Marketing | Smith Korach Hayet & Haynie Partnership
- Sussex College
Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
- Sussex College
Master of Science -