MICHAEL KNETTEL joined YOUNG & Associates as a Senior Consultant in 2016. Prior to joining YOUNG & Associates, Michael was the Director of Operations for Energy Services & Products Corp., General Contractors, specializing in governmental contracts. Before joining ESPC, Michael was the President of MGK Construction and Building Sciences. MGK Construction built numerous high-rise structures along the Florida West Coast. The Building Sciences division consisted of building forensics through infrared thermography, Boroscopic inspections, Welding Inspection, and Visual Inspections. In 1995, Michael joined GH Johnson Construction as Executive Vice President. GH Johnson Construction constructed schools, high-rise luxury condominiums, and governmental facilities. In addition, the role of EVP, Michael was directly in-charge of the Industrial Processing Division. Michael also co-founded two additional companies under the GH Johnson umbrella of companies. The first was Infrared Thermal Imaging Corporation (ITI), a non-destructive testing company. The other was Pinnacle Services, Inc. PSI redeveloped the former insurance tool known as Wrap up Insurance for large scale government and industrial applications. While working for HKS Architects and Consultant for HDR, Michael oversaw the design and construction of 3 Petro-Chemical facilities.
- WRT | IICRC - WRT (Water Damage Restoration Tech)
- CGC | Certified General Contractor
- OSHA | Occupational Safety & Health Administration Certificate
- HCI-C | HAAG Certified Inspector - Commercial
- AIA | American Institute of Architecture
- Certified Inspector - Connecticut Department of Commerce Design & Inspection - Inspector No. HOI 000605 2011
- United States HUD 203(k) Consultant No A0921 2010
- Certified ASNT Level II Thermographer
- Certified Home & Property Inspector - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - Inspector No. HI 2862 2010
- Certified General Contractor - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - No. CGC 061138 2001
- OSHA Teacher - Inspector No. 1216
- Certified General Contractor - Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - No. CGC 1514537 2007
- Assoc. AIA - No. 38831320
- OSHA Authorized Instructor - Certification No. 4233
Representative Consulting Assignments
- Food Processing Plant - Orange Juice | Forensic Analysis/Investigation | $13.1 Mil.
- Petro-Chemical Plant - New Construction | Contract Administration | $210 Mil
- Chemical Processing Facility | Contract Administration | $114 Mil.
- Water Damage Claims Due to Fire Sprinkler Failures | Enviro - Water/Flood
- Highrise Structures | Hurricane | $225K to $3.94M
- Fire Sprinkler System Damage Analysis | Enviro - Water/Flood
- 8 Condo Unit Building | Fire/Smoke | $341K
- 72 Single Family Homes | Hurricane | Various Amounts
- 53,000 SF Single Family Residence | Project Management | $32.5M
- Florida Municipal Power Association | Forensic Analysis/Investigation | Various Amounts
- Building - Commercial | Fire/Smoke | $1.2M
- 212,000 SF Warehouse | Structural/Collapse | $3.2M
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Rouses Market | Enviro - Water/Flood | $9.6M
- 6-9 Story Office and Residential Towers | Project Management | $7.1M to $26.7M
- Government Medical Facility | Contract Administration | Various Amounts
- 2020 - Current | Senior Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2016 - 2020 | Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2013 - 2016 | Director of Operations | Energy Services & Products Corp.
- 2000 - 2013 | President | MGK Construction Inc.
- 1995 - 2000 | Executive Vice President | G.H. Johnson Corporation (Parent Company) President of Pinnacle Services Inc. & Infrared Thermal Imaging Corp.
- 1992 - 1995 | Director of Planning | Parrish Medical Center
- 1990 - 1992 | Contract Administrator / Marketing – Southeast Region | HKS Architects
- 1980 - 1990 | Contract Administrator / Marketing | Smith Korach Hayet & Haynie Partnership
- Sussex College
Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
- Sussex College
Master of Science -