RICK WHITWORTH joined YOUNG Associates in 2010. He has prepared estimates, schedule analyses, and scope assessments for projects throughout Texas and the surrounding region, including Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas, and Missouri. Rick provides consultation on property and builder’s risk losses for a variety of projects, including commercial, institutional, retail, multi-family, and high-end residential projects. On large, complex losses, Rick manages and coordinates teams of consultants, engineers, hygienists, and other experts. Before joining YOUNG & Associates, Rick worked for 13 years in commercial construction project management. He has worked in architecture, general contracting, and owner representation on a variety of project types, including tenant improvements, single-family homes, medical office buildings, call centers, branch banks, data centers, schools, and libraries. Rick obtained an undergraduate degree in Environmental Design from Texas A&M University before obtaining two graduate degrees in Architecture and Construction Management from the University of Washington.
- WRT | IICRC - WRT (Water Damage Restoration Tech)
- ASD | IICRC - ASD (Applied Structural Drying)
- FSRT | IICRC - FSRT (Fire Smoke RT)
- HCI-C | HAAG Certified Inspector - Commercial
- UFT | IICRC - UFT (Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician)
- CCT | IICRC - CCT (Carpet Cleaning Technician)
- OCT | IICRC - OCT (Odor Control Tech)
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional
- 2020 - Current | Partner | YOUNG & Associates
- 2010 - 2020 | Senior Regional Consultant | YOUNG & Associates
- 2008 - 2010 | Project Manager/Estimator/Owner Representative | Landon Construction Group LLC
- 2006 - 2008 | Project Manager | BNBuilders
- 2003 - 2006 | Senior Project Engineer/Staff Architect/Estimator | Howard S. Wright Construction Co.
- 2000 - 2000 | Finish Carpenter | Malakye Construction Inc.
- 1998 - 2002 | Teaching Assistant/Program Accountant | University of Washington
- Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Environmental Design - Architecture